Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Rachael Ray's yummy hearty soup. I can't remember what magazine this was out of, but this soup is great!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into small pieces
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch kale, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add the beans and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaf and kale and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Season the stew to taste with salt and pepper and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and the cheese.
Rachael Ray's recipe called for 2 cups of chicken broth.
This was tasty and quick to prepare. I used spicy Italian sausage and Great Northern beans (couldn't find cannellini). I also used only 2 cans of beans, 3 seemed like too much. In addition, I included a bit of grated nutmeg when I added the kale. The recipe doesn't say how much chicken broth to use, so I added about 1-2 cups. Could probably have used more, but we like a thick consistency. Parmesan-reggiano is a must with this stew! Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!