White Bean, Sausage, and Kale Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add the beans and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaf and kale and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Season the stew to taste with salt and pepper and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and the cheese.