Recipe by FLUFFSTER
If you like cannellini beans, you're going to love this! Cannellini beans are also called white kidney beans. They can be found in either the canned veggie isle, or in the Italian food section of your grocer. They are creamy and delicious. The roasted red peppers can be found in the olive section, or you may roast your own. This is a high-fiber, sugar-conscious, gluten-free and vegetarian recipe. The times for this will vary, depending on whether or not you roast your own peppers. Times are for the roasted peppers in a jar.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Oh my gosh this is so good, I used roasted red peppers from the jar I usually make my own but did not have any homemade at the time, I also added in some sun-dried tomatoes and some of the oil from the tomatoes also, fresh garlic is a must for this, I didn't use fresh oregano as I did not have any so I used 1 teaspoon dried, this is so good, I thank you for sharing Fluff!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (you can use blue cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped (not the curly one)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed well and drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oil, lemon juice, garlic and peppers into a blender and process until smooth; transfer to a large bowl. Add feta, onions, parsley, oregano, beans, salt and pepper and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to allow time for the flavors to meld. Bring back to room temperature before serving and garnish with a bit more feta cheese, if you like.
- Note: You can serve on a bed of lettuce, or on top of a few nice romaine leaves.