Recipe by Leopard Apron
A taste of Tuscany - this is a very fresh bean salad with a bright, lemony flavor. Serve at room temperature as a side dish or on a slice of baguette...
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can ripe olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup prosciutto, thinly sliced and chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse beans, place in large mixing bowl.
- Combine onion, green onion (white & light green parts), parsley, rosemary, garlic, olives, 1 tsp lemon zest and chopped prosiutto.
- Squeeze juice from lemon, whisk together with olive oil, vinegar and seasonings. Add this to bean mixture, toss to blend. Allow to marinate at least 1 hour at room temperature before serving.
- Garnish with strips of lemon peel and a rosemary sprig.