Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthy, delicious summertime salad combining soft, tender cannellini beans, green beans and zucchini.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3⁄4 cup green beans, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- In boiling water blanch the green beans for 2-3 minutes, and the zucchini for under 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Combine all ingredients, including the cooked veggies, tossing gently to mix everything together.
- Serve at room temperature.
I knew I would like this as I love anything lemon.We're big fans of zucchini, so we gave it a go. This salad is much tastier than expected from the simple ingredients and the simple prep. I can predict that there will be a big bowl of this salad in my fridge all summer. Easy prep, inexpensive, healthy, and very tasty. What's not to love? Thanks much for posting.
Very tasty salad. I cut up the zucchini and green beans before leaving for work in the morning and in the evening it only took about 10 minutes to get it to the table. I added a little extra parmesan and I used dried basil instead of fresh. I ate mine over a bed of baby spinach, while DBF ate his plain. We both enjoyed it immensely and I will be making this again!
Very good salad. Had this for lunch a few days this week, and it is light and refreshing. Very nice for summer. Would be great with a grilled lamb or other dish.