Recipe by Geema
A healthy, delicious summertime salad combining soft, tender cannellini beans, green beans and zucchini.
Top Review by jerseygirl1952
I knew I would like this as I love anything lemon.We're big fans of zucchini, so we gave it a go. This salad is much tastier than expected from the simple ingredients and the simple prep. I can predict that there will be a big bowl of this salad in my fridge all summer. Easy prep, inexpensive, healthy, and very tasty. What's not to love? Thanks much for posting.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3⁄4 cup green beans, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In boiling water blanch the green beans for 2-3 minutes, and the zucchini for under 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Combine all ingredients, including the cooked veggies, tossing gently to mix everything together.
- Serve at room temperature.