Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This came in The Miami Herald in the hurricane section. I didn't want to lose it.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, drained or 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Toss the beans with the tomatoes. Add just enough olive oil to coat.
- Season with salt, pepper, and basil. Stir and serve at room temperature or warmed.
Very good! We had it as a side with grilled pork chops and it was a good matchup.
Fantastic!!!! This is super fast and easy to make and tastes wonderful!! What a great lunch in 2 to 3 minutes!!!!! I used Muir Glen organic fire roasted tomatoes with medium green chilies and put lots of pepper and fresh basil into the salad. Didn't need too much salt as the beans and tomatoes had a little sea salt in them. Thanks so much for posting, will definitely make again and again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!