Recipe by Mrs. Hughes
This recipe came from a local recipe pamphlet. It's a good summer dish...good for BBQ's and picnics.
- 8 ounces dry white beans or 8 ounces dried navy beans, cooked and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons fresh green herbs, chopped
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped and seeded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat beans.
- Rinse and drain.
- Place beans in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar, dry mustard, wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add tomato and most of the herbs and onions to the hot beans.
- Toss beans gently with dressing until well coated.
- Cook to room temperature, then chill.
- Sprinkle with remaining herbs and serve.