Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in an old junior league collection.The combination is outstanding; the fresh rosemary really adds a wonderful flavor.Instead of the navy beans, I use white kidney beans,which i really like as they are bigger and meatier.This salad is even better the next day!!
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 leaves boston lettuce
- Combine all the ingredients except the lettuce leaves, mix well and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve , spoon onto lettuce-lined platter.Serve at room temperature.