Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe out of a Canadian Living magazine some years ago. Long time family favorite with great Mediterranean flavor.
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good quality white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- Combine the beans, vegetables and parsley.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and mix into salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate till ready to eat.
FANTASTIC!! Just what I have been craving. My family and I just got back from a cruise and we needed something light and delicious. The only ingredient changed was, I used Italian flat leaf parsley. I doubt it changed the flavor much, but is was organic at the grocery store. Thanks for the recipe
This was very tasty and made a nice colorful presentation. It is a nice change of pace from the way I usually make bean salad. It is tart and has a bit of a kick to it. It went well with my steak and rice dinner. It also worked as a side dish with turkey burger on whole wheat pita for a nice healthy lunch. Thanks for sharing!