Recipe by justcallmetoni
My rendition of a Weight Watchers classic. This is yummy and you can happily serve this with vegetables and pita chips to family and guests who will never know it is both Core and points friendly. If your sun-dried tomatoes are very dry, soak them in boiling water for 5 minutes before chopping. A word of caution: this recipe does not do well over time as after two or three days the lemon becomes too pronounced and spoils the balance of flavors. My suggestion if you want to enjoy this over many days is to reduce the amount of juice and zest by half.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, finely diced
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except pepper in a food processor (I use a mini chopper for this). Blend until it is pureed. Add pepper to taste.
- Chill at least 30 minutes and up to a day and serve with cut up vegetables or pita chips.
- Two tablespoons per serving = 1 point.