Chef by Chance's Note:
From The New Sonoma Diet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 3 cups unpeeled eggplants, cut in half, diced
- 2 cups zucchini, cut in half, diced
- 15 1/2 ounces cannellini beans
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1Drain the beans and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid.
- 2Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the oil and onions-saute for 3-5 minutes.
- 3Add garlic-saute for about 30 seconds until you can smell-don't brown it.
- 4Add the eggplant, zucchini and bean liquid. Simmer over low to medium heat, covered for 15 minutes.
- 5Add beans and tomatoes bringing it back to a simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 6Set aside.
- 7In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir into the cooled ratatouille.
- 8Add Basil.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean Ratatouille
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.9
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 322.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar