Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From The New Sonoma Diet
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 3 cups unpeeled eggplants, cut in half, diced
- 2 cups zucchini, cut in half, diced
- 15 1⁄2 ounces cannellini beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Drain the beans and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid.
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the oil and onions-saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic-saute for about 30 seconds until you can smell-don't brown it.
- Add the eggplant, zucchini and bean liquid. Simmer over low to medium heat, covered for 15 minutes.
- Add beans and tomatoes bringing it back to a simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir into the cooled ratatouille.
- Add Basil.