1 hr 15 mins
This soup is good with dumplings and/or muffins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups well cooked great northern beans or 4 cups canned great northern beans, divided
- 4 cups cooking liquid from beans (or water with 1 vegetable bouillon cube, or vegetable stock)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into quarters,then 1/4 " thick slices
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2-1 lemon, juice to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Heat half the oil in a skillet.
- 2Add the onion and saute.
- 3Add the garlic and continue to saute until lightly browned.
- 4Transfer the mix to a food processor or blender along with about half the beans.
- 5Process until smoothly pureed Transfer the puree to a soup pot along with the remaining beans, the liquid, wine, parsley, dill and curry powder.
- 6Bring to a gentle simmer then simmer very gently covered about 20 minutes In the meantime, heat the remaining oil in the skillet and add the zucchini ad water and saute over medium heat, stirring frequently until some of the pieces are lightly touched brown.
- 7Stir into soup.
- 8Adjust with more liquid if too thick.
- 9Season to taste with lemon juice and salt and pepper and simmer another 10 minutes over a low heat.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean Puree with Zucchini and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.7
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: