Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This soup is good with dumplings and/or muffins
Make and share this White Bean Puree with Zucchini and Herbs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups well cooked great northern beans or 4 cups canned great northern beans, divided
- 4 cups cooking liquid from beans (or water with 1 vegetable bouillon cube, or vegetable stock)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into quarters,then 1/4 " thick slices
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2-1 lemon, juice to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat half the oil in a skillet.
- Add the onion and saute.
- Add the garlic and continue to saute until lightly browned.
- Transfer the mix to a food processor or blender along with about half the beans.
- Process until smoothly pureed Transfer the puree to a soup pot along with the remaining beans, the liquid, wine, parsley, dill and curry powder.
- Bring to a gentle simmer then simmer very gently covered about 20 minutes In the meantime, heat the remaining oil in the skillet and add the zucchini ad water and saute over medium heat, stirring frequently until some of the pieces are lightly touched brown.
- Stir into soup.
- Adjust with more liquid if too thick.
- Season to taste with lemon juice and salt and pepper and simmer another 10 minutes over a low heat.