Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Creamy textured white beans blended with bits of seasoned pork make this a savory pate. Serve it as a hearty first course to spread on crusty bread or to scoop upon crisp vegetables. The recipe was taken from "Sunset Magazine". Preparation time is the time it takes to slice carrot, celery, and onion.
- Cut carrot, celery stalk, and onion into chunks.
- Combine in a 3 or 4 quart pan with the beans, bay leaf, water, pork, and thyme.
- Bring to boiling, then reduce heat; cover and simmer until beans are tender and mash easily, about 2 hours.
- Lift out pork and set aside.
- Add wine to beans and boil; uncovered until liquid evaporates, stir often.
- Remove meat from bone.
- Coarsely chop meat.
- Whirl beans and vegetables in a food processor or blender until very smooth.
- Combine beans and pork; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve or cover and chill up to 4 days.
- Present in a crock or as 1/2 cup portions in lettuce leaves on individual plates.
- Serve with pickles and bread.