Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- baguette, sliced and toasted
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 14.79-29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml drained capers
- 2.46 ml sugar
White Bean Pate
- 425.24 g can cannellini (white kidney beans)
- 7.39 ml oriental sesame oil
- 3.69 ml thyme, chopped
- 1.23 ml grated lemon, rind of
- 19.71 ml lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1.23 ml salt
- Stir ingredients for tomato relish together.
- Season with pepper, stir occasionally.
- In blender, combine beans, oil, thyme, lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
- Whirl til smooth.
- Spoon bean pate into serving crock, or serve pate on toasts with relish.
Followed this exactly and it made a very tasty, interesting addition to a healthy dinner. Yum! The raw garlic in there gives it a great zing, and the tomato relish is complex and pleasing. It's a pretty dish and enticed my older kids to give it a try, and they loved it. I wouldn't change anything about this recipe. I had plenty of toppings for 18 slices of baguette. I'll plan to use the leftover bean pate on crackers for a great snack. For the bread, I sliced it, brushed lightly with olive oil and crisped in the oven before spreading the pate and relish over the top. The bread held up well and did not become soft during our meal. This is a fun recipe!