Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm always on the look out for new things to do with beans. This is something that looks good to me for sure. I think it would be nice served with a white fish or maybe pork. I found this recipe in the March 2008 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine. The recipe says that it can be frozen.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan and tip in chopped onion.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic cloves and cook for another 2 minutes until soft.
- Tip the beans into the pan and mash roughly.
- Add stock to loosen as you mash.
- Stir in the parsley and the salt and pepper.
This is an easy and tasty alternative to mashed potatoes. It was a little bland for our tastes and so we added more seasonings. But all in all, this was a good side to veggie burgers. Thanks for posting! Made for the Nov. 08 veggie swap.