Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I'm always on the look out for new things to do with beans. This is something that looks good to me for sure. I think it would be nice served with a white fish or maybe pork. I found this recipe in the March 2008 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine. The recipe says that it can be frozen.
Top Review by VegSocialWorker
This is an easy and tasty alternative to mashed potatoes. It was a little bland for our tastes and so we added more seasonings. But all in all, this was a good side to veggie burgers. Thanks for posting! Made for the Nov. 08 veggie swap.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan and tip in chopped onion.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic cloves and cook for another 2 minutes until soft.
- Tip the beans into the pan and mash roughly.
- Add stock to loosen as you mash.
- Stir in the parsley and the salt and pepper.