Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Canned beans are perfect for mashing when you need a speedy side dish. Great with roasted white fish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons vegetable stock or 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion gently for 5 minutes
- Add the garlic and cook for another 2 mins until soft.
- Tip the beans into the pan and mash roughly. Add the stock or water to loosen.
- Stir in the parsley and seasoning. Serve.
This was very good. It is a great shortcut when you are wanting some cornbread and beans, but haven't soaked or cooked any to eat. I like the mashing part; I like making my beans that way. It's much better than beans that are like soup. I made this for "Name that Ingredient Tag Game-Fall 2013". Thanks for the recipe.