Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful side dish accompaniment to any meal. Serve at room temperature for best flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pancetta, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced 1/4 inch
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (19 ounce) canswhite navy beans
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan and add pancetta.
- Cook slowly over medium heat until crispy.
- Add onion and saute.
- Add rosemary and cook for only one minute, then remove from heat.
- Mix together red wine vinegar, tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil and grated Parmesan in a bowl.
- Add the hot pancetta and onion into the bowl, mix and cool.
- Combine beans with pancetta mixture and serve at room temperature.
- Can add extra grated Parmesan on top, if desired.
Alright, this may seem a little off-kilter, but I have to explain...I made this as a main dish. I increased the pancetta to about 3/4 cup, instead of white navy beans I had these purple hull peas (kind of like black eyed peas), and I served it over some well seasoned risotto--it was fantastic! It made for a light, yet filling summer meal. The basis for my dish was definitely your salad-- thanks so much!
Oh my gosh, this is a very tasty side dish! The pancetta, vinegar, rosemary and basil complement one another so well! I served this alongside Sicilian Tuna Steaks in Onion Sauce Recipe #93229
I had everything on hand but the Pancetta which I replaced with bacon. The beans I did drain and rinse. This is a nice hearty side. Served with my Grilled Salmon & Smokey Tomato-Chipotle Sauce recipe #116506.I liked the hint of rosemary throughout the beans!