Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Everyday Food
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, halved
- Whisk in a large bowl, olive oil, lemon juice and Dijon mustard.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add beans, onions and olives and toss to combine.
What a refreshing salad. It is an easy recipe to make, and the ingredients are usually in my pantry. I think the fresh lemon juice with the Dijon mustard are amazing together. Nice flavors throughout, and the visual appeal is very good. I actually got about 6 (or more) servings out of this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing this keeper! :-)
This was great and wicked fast! I was out of lemon juice and red onion, so I bastardized a little bit by subbing red wine vinegar and then adding some cucumbers and feta. I have a feeling that the lemon juice would have been better, but even with the red wine vinegar, it was very tasty. I will definitely be making this for quick lunches from now on.
Very simple, very healthy, very good. Didn't and won't change a thing but this would be a great start if one wanted to experiment by adding more ingredients. This is so quick and easy you can make it on those nights when you don't want to spend a minute in the kitchen.