Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthy, fast and delicious minestrone from Fitness magazine.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb potato, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 2 1/2 oz.)
- Cook onion, celery, and carrots in oil, over med-high heat in a large saucepan, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water plus all remaining ingredients, except for cheese.
- Cover and let boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top and serve.
A bit bland. I added some chopped garlic, basil (paste) and tomato paste. When soup boils, simmer, and take @ 2 cups of the liquid + veggies out of the pot & puree in blender. Put puree back into soup pot with soup, stir & simmer for 15 min more. Makes a hearty veggie soup
Excellent soup. I made it chunky with large diced veggies, and used a little crushed red pepper instead of the black pepper. Wow! We loved it. A big bonus is that it's really quick and easy, too.