- 60 ml olive oil (plus 2 teaspoons)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (optional)
- lemon grated zest and juice
- 3 (240 ml) can cannellini beans
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the 60ml / ¼ cup of olive oil in a saucepan, and mix in the garlic. Add the whole rosemary sprig, if using, and the lemon zest and warm through.
- Remove the rosemary, but do not throw away.
- Drain the beans and rinse under a tap to get rid of the gloop and then add to the pan and warm through, stirring and squishing with a wide, flat spoon so that the beans go into a nobbly mush. Season to taste; some beans come saltier than others.