Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lower fat hummus made with white kidney beans instead of the more traditional chickpea. Great with pita or veggies.
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Allow to chill for about an hour.
The only change I made when preparing this recipe was to substitute lemon pepper for the usual S&P, & I must admit, that although I don't usually care for hummus, I found this variation quite nice! Enough so, that I plan to include it on my finger food buffet the next time I host one of my monthly groups! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]