Recipe by Caryn
A friends recipe that was served at large gatherings as a spread with pita chips and vegetables. Very different than most spreads you encounter.
Top Review by eatrealfood
i kinda missed the tahini but it was still very good. the blend and quantity of spices are just right and gives it a wonderful, lively note. between DH and i, this disappeared really fast..TOO fast
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- to taste salt
- to taste white pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- to taste chopped cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic in the bowl of a food processor* and process until finely minced.
- Add the kidney beans and lemon juice; process until smooth.
- Add the olive oil, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and white pepper; process until smooth.
- Add the 4 Tablespoons of cilantro and process for 30 seconds with on/off pulses.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill overnight (or at least a few hours to allow the flavors to meld).
- Serve with chips, pita chips, or vegetables.
- *You may use a blender if you do not have access to a food processor.