Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I came across this recipe in a magazine about a year ago...can't remember which one, but it is my new favorite recipe. Even if you are't a big fan of gound turkey...I am not...this recipe may change your mind...Not to mention that it is healthy AND can be prepared in a crock pot or on the stove top. I always double the recipe and freeze the second batch. Family tested and loved!
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 lbs ground white turkey meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans (White Kidney Beans)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chilies, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- Brown ground turkey in 1 T. olive oil & set aside.
- Saute onions, garlic & oregano in remaining 1 T. olive oil. Add tomatoes & chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce by 1/3.
- Add cannellini beans & ground turkey and transfer to crock pot. Cook on high 3 - 4 hours or on low all day, 6 - 8 hours. Or for stove top, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook 60 minutes.
- 30 minutes before serving, add chopped chilies and bell pepper.
- Freezes well.