Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy soup for the crockpot.
- 850.48 g great northern beans, canned, rinsed and drained (2 - 15 oz. cans)
- 236.59 ml finely chopped yellow onion
- 127.57 g can diced green chilies
- 4.92 ml ground cumin, divided
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 411.06 g can fat-free chicken broth
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 78.07 ml sour cream (optional)
- Combine beans, onion, chilies, 1/2 teaspoon cumin,garlic powder and broth in crock pot.
- Cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- Stir in cilantro, olive oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin.
- Garnish with sour cream, if desired.
Great with a salad. Cooked on top of stove for 15 minutes.Added a shake of cayenne and a pinch of salt. Used low fat sour cream. Thanks.
So simple, so delicious! Great for chilly fall evening. Should have doubled it ;)
Second time around, forgot the remaining cumin. We usually love cumin, but didn't notice the missing 1/2 teaspoon!