Recipe by Ppaperdoll
This is from Cooking Light. It was submitted by someone called Lisa Springs - credit where it is due and all of that! I'm always looking for ways to include pulses in my cooking and this does just that, with the benefit of reducing the cheese that makes enchiladas so caloric. Try it!
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 36 inches corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- extra cilantro, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend sour cream and beans in food processor fitted with metal blade until almost smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup chees, chiles, onions, chopped cilantro and cumin.
- Combine 1/3 cup enchilada sauce and 1/4 cup water in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Dip one tortilla in the sauce mixture to soften and transfer to a plate.
- Spread 1/4 cup bean mixture down centre of tortilla and roll up. Place roll, seam side down, in an 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas and bean mixture.
- Add remaining sauce to pan and cook 1 minute. Spoon over enchiladas, sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 d3egrees F for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with extra cilantro, if desired.