Recipe by Bev
Try a new appetizer to serve to your guests! Made with cannellini beans, this recipe should suite the health conscious. Courtesy of Bon Appetit.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
So fresh and delish!! I was looking for a recipe that could stand up to the heat of a summer night at a concert this evening at the park and this is perfect! I will be serving it with some crostinis. I did decrease the amount of parsley (used all that I had) and then added some fresh chives and just a tad of fresh rosemary. Also threw in 2 pinches of Cajun spice. YUM!
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini, drained (white kidney beans)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- assorted fresh vegetable (such as carrots and Belgian endive, and blanched broccoli florets and asparagus)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in processor.
- Blend well until almost smooth.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Season dip with salt and pepper, to taste.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.) Place bowl with dip on platter.
- Serve with breadsticks and vegetables.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.