Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was adapted from a recipe on drfuhrman.com. Use it with crudites, whole grain crackers or whole wheat pita wedges. It goes great with a nice crisp salad. If you don't have a high speed blender, you can replace the raw sesame seed and 5 tablespoons water with 2 tablespoons tahini and 2 tablespoons water. Mrs. Dash seasoning mix works well in this recipe but I like the AHA herb mix I make myself even better. I've uploaded the AHA recipe on food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) canlow-sodium small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (or AHA you mix yourself)
- 1⁄16 teaspoon cayenne pepper (smidgeon)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons water
- Put all ingredients in high speed blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth.