Recipe by josamky1063
This delicious bean dip can be prepared and chilled ahead of time—to be ready whenever you feel a snack attack coming on!
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can white beans
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- water, as desired
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons your favorite herbs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap the garlic cloves and the olive oil in aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes until golden and soft.
- Drain and rinse the white beans.
- Place the beans, applesauce, and garlic in food processor and purée until smooth. Add a little water, if necessary, to loosen the blades.
- Stir in the parsley (or your favorite herb) and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with celery and carrot sticks or your favorite chips.