- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced green peppers
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 1⁄2 cups fat-free reduced-fat chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked white navy beans or 3 cups cannellini beans
- 1 cup white corn (frozen or fresh)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, and green pepper and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour and cumin over the onion mixture and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the parsley and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer and cover, and cook for 30-35 minutes.