Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another version without the cream or half and half. Spices include cumin.
- 2 diced onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 3 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped and drained
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In a soup pot, heat oil, add the onions and garlic and saute until soft. Add the chicken and next 9 ingredients. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30-60 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheese.
I made this in the crockpot: 3 cans Northern beans, leftover grilled chicken breast, 2 cups of water, and the seasonings. About 9 hours on low. Nice, easy, and very tasty.
This is going in my 'Tried and True' cookbook.
This comes the closest to a recipe my sister-in-law debbie gave me when white bean chili first came out. Her spices were smack on. I've lost my recipe (shhhhh, don't tell my husband) and now with yours I don't have to put off making one of Will's favorite bowls.
Oh my, did this ever hit the spot. The weather turned chilly and rainy so this Chili really was perfect for dinner. I made it exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. We particularly loved the green chilies in it....very nice touch. This is a winner, Jenny Frenny !!!!!!!