Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I received this from a newsletter! Sounds Great! And I will try it.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 (5 ounce) canchuck-style turkey
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 2 ounces canschopped green chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Place all ingredients except cheese in your slow cooker.
- Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Top with cheese!
This is a very fast easy recipe to make. We had it over white rice, which made it very filling. My husband is on a low sodium diet, there was just enough flavour to satisfy him. He thought it was very tasty!!! :)
So yummy and fast. I used chicken broth instead of beer since it was on hand. Turned out as good as a restaurant!