Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I'm not crazy about the look of this chili. It looks better garnished with a little green onion...but do I ever love the taste. Time is estimated.
- 30 ounces great northern beans, canned, undrained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey, crumbled (or canned chicken)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- Place all ingredients but cornmeal in a large dutch oven. Bring to boil and cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Add cormeal and cook on medium to thicken stirring often ( about 5 minutes) and serve.