Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
300 Sensational Soups Serves 8
Make and share this White Bean Chicken Pesto Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- olive oil
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 6 minutes. Add garlic, celery, carrot, oregano and cayenne; sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in stock, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add beans, chicken, 2 tablespoons pesto and vinegar; heat 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish each with a small dollop of remaining pesto and a drizzle of olive oil.