Recipe by AZRT
I got this recipe out of cooking light magazine about 4 years ago. Super fast meal for when you're too tired to spend much time cooking. I skip the step with the 10 cups of water. I normally use a prepacked container of fresh baby spinach and zap it in the micro for a few minutes. I like to have some texture and color left in my greens.
- 10 cups water
- 6 cups chopped escarole or 6 cups fresh spinach (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (19 ounce) canother white beans, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed reduced-sodium chicken noodle soup, undiluted (such as Campbell's Healthy Request)
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 10 cups water to a boil over high heat in a large Dutch oven or stockpot.
- Add the escarole, and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in 1/2 cup water, crushed red pepper, black pepper, cannellini beans, and soup.
- Bring to a boil; add cooked escarole, and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Ladle into individual bowls, and sprinkle with cheese.