1/2 Photos of White Bean Chicken Chili
I love this with crusty french bread sticks and a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 -3 jalapenos, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat combine the oil, onions and celery.
- 2Cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- 3Push onions and celery to the sides, turn the heat up to medium high and add the chicken.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the garlic, jalapenos, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne.
- 6Cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in stock and bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 9Stir in beans and cook for 5 minutes, stirring gently.
- 10Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- 11Ladle into bowls and top with cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.5
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 137.7 mg
- Sodium 1254.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 54.2 g