Recipe by Chef TanyaW
This is delicious! I got the recipe last year after requesting it from my friend who brought it to a church function. I brought it to a church activity this year and someone new said, "This is absolutely delicious, can I have the recipe?". It's easy and healthy. Enjoy.
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and cubed (I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water (or more)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- corn chips (I use tortilla chips or fritos)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put everything except whipping cream, sour cream, cheese, and chips in crockpot. I actually don't put cooked chicken in until the last 20 minutes. Can also be cooked on stovetop, which is faster but takes watching time.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Turn off heat and mix in whipping cream and sour cream.
- Top with cheese and corn chips.