2 hrs 4 mins
1 hr 34 mins
Ruby Tuesday inspired this recipe, I LOVE THEIR CHICKEN CHILLI !!! I threw this recipe together while on Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. During the first phase, you're only allowed protein, vegetables & legumes, I thought this would be perfect. Being a former culinary student, I had to channel my palette to decide what spices would be the perfect combination, hope you enjoy, my family & I sure did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, whole, all visible fat removed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sazon Goya seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (less if you can't tolerate spicy foods!)
- 1 (4 ounce) can ancho chilies (green chilies, chopped)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno, chopped, optional (pickeled, I added a 1/4 cup of the juice for an extra kick)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can butter beans, with juice (or any other white bean)
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- low-fat cheese (optional)
- nonfat sour cream (optional)
- 1Clean and wash chicken breasts. Season with Paprika, Sazon & Abodo. Let sit for 20 minutes while you prepare everything else.
- 2In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 3Cook Chicken Breasts thoroughly, approximately 6-8 minutes on each side. Don't let them get too brown, you'll be shredding them later! Once cooked, remove from pot and set aside to cool.
- 4In the same pot, still over medium heat, add Cooking Wine to deglaze the pot. Add Onion, Garlic and Ginger, saute until the Onions are translucent.'.
- 5Add Cumin, Oregano, and Cayenne Pepper to the mix and saute for about 3-5 minutes, until fragrant.
- 6Add Chopped Green Chillies & Jalapenos, with juice (if using) and saute for another 3-5 minutes, 2 minutes if not using Jalapenos.
- 7Add Beans, 3 Cups of Hot Water and the Boullion Cubes, increase heat, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes.
- 8While that's simmering, shred the Chicken Breasts.
- 9After 45 minutes, add shredded chicken to the mixture along with the remaining 1 cup of water. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- 10Season with salt & pepper, if needed.
- 11Serve chili in desired serving ware & top with a dallop of fat-free sour cream and cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.1
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 575.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Sazon Goya seasoning