Recipe by Mama Amy
Healthful and hearty this chili will warm your loved ones!
Top Review by Camaro Chic
I cheated a little and used precooked chicken fajita meat just because I had to use it up. Also used 8 oz. gr. chiles. Took a guess and drained the beans and corn. This is a very good white chili recipe. I threw my old one out. I contemplated not adding the lime juice and cilantro but trust me it puts this recipe in a league of its own. Thanks for this recipe Amy. I am already looking forward to making it again.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans
- 4 -8 ounces diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 ounces frozen white corn, if desired (optional)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken in water with bouillon until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from water, cube chicken and spoon fats out of the liquid.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until just tender.
- Add onion, garlic, beans, chiles and seasonings to the chicken liquid.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Add diced chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Can also be cooked in the crock pot but I suggest adding the lime and cilantro just before serving!