1 hr 15 mins
Diane C #2's Note:
Recipe courtesy Lisa Garza Food Network
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
1 herb bouquet tied with kitchen string
- 4 stems fresh rosemary, 8 stems fresh oregano, 10 stems fresh thyme
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 3 cups prepared white beans
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 4 links spicy cooked Italian chicken sausage, sliced, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup spinach pesto sauce, recipe follows
- garlic-parmesan crostini, recipe follows
Sauted Italian Sausage
- 1/2 lb spinach leaves
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh white pepper
Garlic Parmesan Crostini
- 1Heat the oil in a medium stock pot. Add the vegetables to the oil, stir frequently, and cook until lightly brown around the edges.
- 2Add remaining ingredients, except sausage, 1 at a time. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 3Stir in sausage and allow to cook for 10 more minutes.
- 4Place in bowls, spoon 1 tablespoon of pesto and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sausage into each bowl. Serve with Garlic-Parmesan Crostini.
- 5Sauteed Italian Sausage:.
- 6Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season the sausage with salt, to taste, and carefully place in a single layer across the skillet. Cook the sausage for 3 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat or until browned. Turn the sausages and repeat on opposite side. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice into 1/4-inch slices.
- 7Spinach Pesto:.
- 8Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- 9Garlic Parmesan Crostini:.
- 10Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 11Heat the oil in a small skillet. Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat. Brush the garlic oil on the top and bottom of each slice of bread. Place the bread in a single layer over a sheet pan. Sprinkle each slice with parmesan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes on the middle oven rack until bread browns over the top. Serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean Cassoulet
Serving Size: 1 (673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1945.8
- Calories from Fat 1096
- Total Fat 121.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 2218.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 168.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.2 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 55.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian chicken sausage