Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe courtesy Lisa Garza Food Network
Make and share this White Bean Cassoulet recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
1 herb bouquet tied with kitchen string
- 4 stems fresh rosemary, 8 stems fresh oregano, 10 stems fresh thyme
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 3 cups prepared white beans
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 4 links spicy cooked Italian chicken sausage, sliced, recipe follows
- 1⁄2 cup spinach pesto sauce, recipe follows
- garlic-parmesan crostini, recipe follows
Sauted Italian Sausage
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb spinach leaves
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh white pepper
Garlic Parmesan Crostini
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 french style baguette, cut into 24 (1/2-inch thick)
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a medium stock pot. Add the vegetables to the oil, stir frequently, and cook until lightly brown around the edges.
- Add remaining ingredients, except sausage, 1 at a time. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir in sausage and allow to cook for 10 more minutes.
- Place in bowls, spoon 1 tablespoon of pesto and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sausage into each bowl. Serve with Garlic-Parmesan Crostini.
- Sauteed Italian Sausage:.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season the sausage with salt, to taste, and carefully place in a single layer across the skillet. Cook the sausage for 3 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat or until browned. Turn the sausages and repeat on opposite side. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice into 1/4-inch slices.
- Spinach Pesto:.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Garlic Parmesan Crostini:.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet. Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat. Brush the garlic oil on the top and bottom of each slice of bread. Place the bread in a single layer over a sheet pan. Sprinkle each slice with parmesan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes on the middle oven rack until bread browns over the top. Serve.