Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe on www.mealmakeovermoms.com. I copied it verbatim from their blog. My kids and I made it together and it was a huge hit!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (chickpeas)
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly oil or coat a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the garbanzo beans in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and process until smooth. Add the oats and chips and pulse just until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand at least 20 minutes before slicing. Store in refrigerator.
My kids loved these. I'm always looking for ways to get beans and other healthy things in my kids. I might add a little flax next time. Yes, there is a lot of sugar, but we don't each a whole lot of sugar and this is balanced by protein. If I were making these just for me, I would probably leave out the chocolate chips because I don't like really sweet things.