Recipe by Bealicious
I only like soups when they are blended; this one is a wonderful orange color. This recipe was inspired by a recipe in Vegan with a Vengeance.
Top Review by Ms B.
Great soup! I had marinated artichokes on hand and felt that they simply gave the soup even more flavor. I did omit the bay leaf and used Great Northern canned beans. It was fragrant, flavorful, and filling. Toasted Asiago Garlic Bread on the side was a nice compliment.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or 1 cube vegetable bouillon dissolved in 2 cups hot water)
- 2 cups small white beans (canned or cooked)
- 1 (13 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, chopped (packed in water, drained)
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped and drained (packed in water)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- lemon juice (one small lemon's worth)
- 2 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté onion in the olive oil until translucent (approx. 3-5 minutes).
- Add the pepper, artichoke hearts, garlic, salt, roasted red pepper, sage, and bay leaf. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth and beans. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes or until the beans are heated through. In batches, transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth, or use an immersion blender right in the pot.
- Add soup back to stockpot and stir in lemon juice. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.