Recipe by Pam-I-Am
This is a healthy dip with a little healthy fat and lots of fiber. Do not use the marinated artichokes with this recipe. Serve with pita chips or your favorite crackers.
Top Review by Zetty66
This was so easy to pull together-- it's a very flavorful and healthy dip. I served it with Crispy Beer Flatbread, but would be great with any cracker. As a former Midwest girl now also So Cal resident I appreciate that you can pull a lemon off a tree and get the fresh herbs out of the garden year round--isn't CA great, Pam? Thanks for a fun recipe.
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 1⁄2 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, blend the rinsed beans, artichoke hearts, garlic and lemon juice until smooth.
- With machine running, add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. If need be, you can add a tablespoon or two of water to get the consistency you like.
- Blend in the cheese and rosemary; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a medium bowl. Sprinkle the top with a little cayenne pepper and drizzle with just a little olive oil. Serve with pita chips or crackers.