Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a healthy dip with a little healthy fat and lots of fiber. Do not use the marinated artichokes with this recipe. Serve with pita chips or your favorite crackers.
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 1⁄2 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cayenne pepper
- In a food processor, blend the rinsed beans, artichoke hearts, garlic and lemon juice until smooth.
- With machine running, add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. If need be, you can add a tablespoon or two of water to get the consistency you like.
- Blend in the cheese and rosemary; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a medium bowl. Sprinkle the top with a little cayenne pepper and drizzle with just a little olive oil. Serve with pita chips or crackers.
This was so easy to pull together-- it's a very flavorful and healthy dip. I served it with Crispy Beer Flatbread, but would be great with any cracker. As a former Midwest girl now also So Cal resident I appreciate that you can pull a lemon off a tree and get the fresh herbs out of the garden year round--isn't CA great, Pam? Thanks for a fun recipe.