Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A different, easy, light lunch.
Top Review by groovyrooby
This made a delicious pita with some crisp lettuce leaves and thick slices of tomato (husband doesn't like them included in the mix). I used some Tofurky in place of the bacon (weird eating habits) and vegannaise in place of regular mayo (it's more like Helmann than Miracle Whip). It made a hearty & satisfying tuna salad sandwich right away and again the next day.
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) cansolid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped purple onion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- sourdough bread, slices
- lettuce leaf