Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different, easy, light lunch.
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) cansolid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped purple onion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- sourdough bread, slices
- lettuce leaf
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the first 11 ingredients; stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve on toasted sourdough bread with lettuce leaves.
This made a delicious pita with some crisp lettuce leaves and thick slices of tomato (husband doesn't like them included in the mix). I used some Tofurky in place of the bacon (weird eating habits) and vegannaise in place of regular mayo (it's more like Helmann than Miracle Whip). It made a hearty & satisfying tuna salad sandwich right away and again the next day.
Super sandwich. Used Morning Star Farms soy bacon which has a very powerful flavor. Used dried dill. Turned out great! But of course it would -- it's from NurseDi!
Wowie!! I had lunch with my sister and made these sandwiches. We thought they were so good and I liked that they were something different. A filling, nutritious, tasty lunch that I highly recommend. An unusual mixture of ingredients that went well together. Thanks Nurse Di.