Recipe by evelyn/athens
A fresh-tasting Mediterrnean salad. This is substantial enough for a meal accompanied by good bread and a glass of wine.
- 2 (1 lb) cans cannellini beans, rinsed,drained
- 2 (12 ounce) cans solid white tuna, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans, tuna, tomato, onion and olives in large bowl; combine lemon juice and mustard; gradually whisk in oil; add to salad; mix in chopped basil; season to taste; line 4 plates with lettuce leaves; spoon salad over; enjoy!
- Note: this salad makes an exceptional sandwich 'wrap'; use warmed Greek pita bread.