Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fresh-tasting Mediterrnean salad. This is substantial enough for a meal accompanied by good bread and a glass of wine.
- 2 (1 lb) cans cannellini beans, rinsed,drained
- 2 (12 ounce) cans solid white tuna, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- lettuce leaf
- Combine beans, tuna, tomato, onion and olives in large bowl; combine lemon juice and mustard; gradually whisk in oil; add to salad; mix in chopped basil; season to taste; line 4 plates with lettuce leaves; spoon salad over; enjoy!
- Note: this salad makes an exceptional sandwich 'wrap'; use warmed Greek pita bread.
Hate to rain on the parade, but we did not enjoy this recipe at all. The ingredients sounded terrific but it just wan't the combo for us. Sorry!
Tastes just like Italy and makes me want to make a return trip! It's even better, I bet, if you can get the Italian tuna.
I thought everything about this tuna salad was wonderful. Great flavors, great mix of textures, the olives added just the right bit of salt, and the addition of basil leaves and lemon juice made the whole salad taste very fresh. Excellent recipe, will definitely make this again!