Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can also add a hard-boiled egg or 2 to this recipe as well as grape tomatoes, chunked artichoke hearts, or pitted olives. If you are starting with dry beans, simmer with a clove of garlic and a bay leaf or sprig of rosemary to the water to boost flavor. This is a quick and easy pasta salad with great flavors. Recipe courtesy of Spilling the Beans.
- 2 cups rotini pasta (or other small pasta)
- 2 cups white beans, cooked (or 19 oz can, drained)
- 6 ounces tuna, drained
- 1 -2 celery rib, chopped (leafy parts too)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (chopped) or 1⁄4 cup basil (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Run under cool water and drain well and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the beans, flake in the tuna, and add the celery, parsley, and/or basil.
- In a small jar or bowl, shake or whisk together the oil, vinegar, and garlic.
- Drizzle over the salad and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve or refrigerate until needed.