Recipe by Sharon123
I got this from a Weight Watcher's magazine, saving it here to try. Looks wonderful!
Top Review by ShaGun
Without telling my sister (who eats "regular" food) the ingredients, she said it tasted like normal stuffed shells and would give it 3 stars. When I told her how healthy these were, she was amazed and said she'd give it at least 4 stars if not 5. The filling was slightly gritty but otherwise very tasty. I did use dried tomoato pesto intsead of the dried tomatoes, only 16 ounces of tofu, and soy mozzarella-flavored cheese. I also used Healthy Choice garlic pasta sauce. I had enough filling for 24 shells. My steak-loving husband wouldn't touch this because of the beans and tofu, but my two sisters who ate this both loved it and asked for the recipe, though they both admitted it was probably more work to prepare than they'd like. They told me I needed to make it for them again. My "regular" food sister took home all the left-overs.
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) packages tofu
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (15 ounce) cansother white beans
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- cooking spray
- 18 cooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Place sundried tomatoes in a small bowl, cover with hot water.
- Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Drain well and chop.
- Place tofu in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Spoon tofu onto several layers of heavy duty paper towels, and spread to 1/2" thickeness.
- Cover with additional paper towels, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Scrape pureed tofu into food processor using a rubber spatula.
- Add chopped sundried tomatoes, beans, mozzarella cheese, basil, Italian seasoning, pepper, and garlic; pulse until beans are coarsely chopped.
- Spread 1 cup of pasta sauce on bottom of a 13x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/4 cup tofu mixture into each pasta shell, and arrange shells in baking dish.
- Spoon remaining pasta sauce over shells, and sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and Paramesan cheese evenly over shells.
- Bake ate 375*F for 30 minutes or until mozzarella cheese begins to brown.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
- Yield: 7 servings (2 shells) Enjoy!