I got this from a Weight Watcher's magazine, saving it here to try. Looks wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) packages tofu
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans other white beans
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- cooking spray
- 18 cooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375*F.
- 2Place sundried tomatoes in a small bowl, cover with hot water.
- 3Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- 4Drain well and chop.
- 5Place tofu in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- 6Spoon tofu onto several layers of heavy duty paper towels, and spread to 1/2" thickeness.
- 7Cover with additional paper towels, and let stand 5 minutes.
- 8Scrape pureed tofu into food processor using a rubber spatula.
- 9Add chopped sundried tomatoes, beans, mozzarella cheese, basil, Italian seasoning, pepper, and garlic; pulse until beans are coarsely chopped.
- 10Spread 1 cup of pasta sauce on bottom of a 13x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 11Spoon 1/4 cup tofu mixture into each pasta shell, and arrange shells in baking dish.
- 12Spoon remaining pasta sauce over shells, and sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and Paramesan cheese evenly over shells.
- 13Bake ate 375*F for 30 minutes or until mozzarella cheese begins to brown.
- 14Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
- 15Yield: 7 servings (2 shells) Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean and Tofu Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.8
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 700.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jumbo pasta shells