PSU Lioness's Note:
Give this super-quick pizza a try and you may come to love white beans. Cut into smaller slices, this would make a great budget friendly appetizer for a party. (From Betty Crocker's "Money Saving Meals" cookbook).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato (not oil-packed)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package prebaked original italian pizza crusts (12 inch)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup spinach leaves, shredded and firmly packed
- 1/2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, blend shredded
- 1Heat oven to 425.
- 2Heat water to boiling.
- 3In a small bowl, pour enough boiling water over dried tomatoes to cover.
- 4Let stand 10 minutes; drain.
- 5Cut into thin strips and set aside.
- 6In food processor, place beans and garlic. Cover and process until smooth.
- 7Place pizza crust on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Spread beans over pizza crust.
- 9Sprinkle with oregano, tomatoes, spinach and cheese.
- 10Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean and Spinach Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 114.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: