Recipe by PSU Lioness
Give this super-quick pizza a try and you may come to love white beans. Cut into smaller slices, this would make a great budget friendly appetizer for a party. (From Betty Crocker's "Money Saving Meals" cookbook).
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (not oil-packed)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) packageprebaked original italian pizza crusts (12 inch)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup spinach leaves, shredded and firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, blend shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425.
- Heat water to boiling.
- In a small bowl, pour enough boiling water over dried tomatoes to cover.
- Let stand 10 minutes; drain.
- Cut into thin strips and set aside.
- In food processor, place beans and garlic. Cover and process until smooth.
- Place pizza crust on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Spread beans over pizza crust.
- Sprinkle with oregano, tomatoes, spinach and cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.